Canada is one of the world’s most developed countries and this why hundreds of thousands of international students are moving here to study. If you are interested to study in Canada but you can’t afford it, then we have some amazing news to share with you. The Canada Scholarships Program for International Students 2020-2021 is now accepting applications. The goal of the program is to raise opportunities for Canadian post-secondary institutions to attract outstanding students from all over the world and you can be one of them.
International students who decide to apply for this scholarship program will receive the opportunity to benefit from a fully-funded academic award that leads to a diploma. Not just that, but students can also get a post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or a Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada.
Canada Scholarships Program for International Students 2020-2021: Benefits
The benefits awarded by this scholarship program depends on the level of study and duration.
- Winner will get up to CAD 60,000 for programs of one academic year in duration (e.g. 2 academic terms of up to 4 months each)
- Up to CAD 120,000 for programs of two academic years in duration (e.g., up to 20 months, including four academic terms of up to 4 months each and one intervening spring/summer term of up to 4 months)
- Also, funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per award recipient to assist with administrative costs once the recipient arrives in Canada.
- Visa/study/work permit fees/travel related to the collection of biometrics
- Economy-class airfare
- Health insurance
- Tuition fees and mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months
- Living expenses such as accommodation, utilities and food
- Ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass
- Books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
- Note: the award does not cover language training
Canada Scholarships Program for International Students 2020-2021: Criteria
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted form the following countries: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Vanuatu. Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for higher education in any Canadian post-secondary institutions. There is no restriction on the discipline or field of study. To be eligible, programs must be able to be completed within two academic years or less with full-time status.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- International students from a diverse range of countries/territories and regions, to a broad range of study destinations across Canada, to various programs of study.
- Palestinian candidate students residing in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are eligible and may be requested to provide supporting documentation demonstrating their Palestinian identity.
- Eligible Regions: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Vanuatu. Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem.
Official Letter and Deadline
All interested students who want to apply for a scholarship position in Canada are advised to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can get additional information. The deadline is March 30, 2020.